World Orienteering Championships 2021
World class event in Czech forest and it´s contribution in area of greening sport events.
A large event with a global reach is also involved in the Čist-O-les (Clean-O-Forest) initiative. With its approach and its activities, it wants to significantly support and strengthen the element of ecology not only in orienteering and sport as such – see more about Sustainable WOC 2021.
Basic ecological principles in organizing the World Cup
- friendly competitor = happy nature
- support activities focused on waste collection in the forests
- minimization of waste from the sale of beverages and snacks
- waste sorting in arenas
- use of ecological detergents
- providing the possibility of public transport or bicycle transport
- return of the forest to its original state
- minimization of printed materials
Official website of WOC 2021.